A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about juicing. Since I don’t have a whole lot of experience with juicing, I decided to go on a 7-day juice experiment to let you know how I liked it and what my experiences were. Cost is always an issue with fresh, cold-pressed juice, so I found a Living Social Deal for a small, local Pittsburgh company, Savasana Juice. With the deal, I got 15x 32oz jars of juice. Since I informed you that juice can oxidize and really doesn’t last more than three days, I’m going to go get more on Wednesday. This juice company has four flavors available. Unlike other juice cleanses, there is no specified order to how you want to drink the juice. For most juice cleanses, green juice of some kind is the first to be consumed, so that’s what I started with.
Kaleypso Cooler: a mix of kale greens, apples, cucumbers, celery, lemon and ginger
For lunch, I had portions of:
Zing!: Carrots, apples, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger
BeetleJuice: beets, carrots, cucumber, celery, apples, lemon and ginger
Melon Moonshine: watermelon, carrots, cucumber and lemon
For dinner, I’ll be eating solid, healthy, paleo food.
The directions for most juice cleanses only allow green tea and water other than their juice. Since I’m CrossFitting every day, and I burn a lot of calories, I’m going to go with 2 meals of juice and a regular paleo dinner. The only other thing I’m adding is a dose of BCAAs. If I don’t take those, CrossFit will make me too sore to get up out of a chair.
I’ve already had my “breakfast,” and most of lunch, and my BCAAs. I’m not necessarily hungry, but I am a little grouchy, and I want solid food. Good thing dinner is solid. Hopefully, a good night’s sleep will help me get over the cravings and moodiness.
- 4 Freshly Pressed Juice Recipes to Energize Your Day (news.health.com)
- Starting Over with a Juice Cleanse (kayleebakes.wordpress.com)
- Feel Fabulous Fridays- Juicing! (thevitalvegannutrition.wordpress.com)
- DIY Juice Cleanse Detox (healthnourishedd.wordpress.com)
- Refreshingly Delicious Morning Juice (madewithamor.wordpress.com)
- Juice Heads: How the Newest Liquid-Nutrition Cultists Are Mastering Their Intestines (nymag.com)
- The Benefits of Juicing – Juicing Recipes for Beginners (fitmama4life.wordpress.com)