This recipe is very very easy, even easier than the frittata. Egg breakfasts are my favorite, and anyone that goes paleo tends to get sick of cooking them. This is another recipe that can be made ahead of time and heated up in the microwave for a quick, satisfying breakfast.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 12 slices bacon or 6 deli slices ham or 6 deli slices turkey
- half cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cheese (optional) If you eat cheese, these are best with feta or cheddar, but are just fine without cheese
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-muffin muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line each hole with 1 slice bacon or half slice ham or half slice turkey
- Crack one egg into each hole. You can beat them if you want, but I kind of like the whole yolk in mine
- sprinkle the top with scallions and cheese (optional)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins no longer jiggle when you shake the pan
- These are easiest to get out if you let them cool and use a butter knife around the edges
Makes 12 muffins.
These muffins are as diverse as the asparagus and bacon fritata. You can add any veggie you like although I recommend cooking firmer veggies a little before adding them to the muffin pan. I have tried this with all three suggested meats and had success. You can also dice the meat and put it inside the muffin instead of using it as a liner. Either way is good. I like to enjoy 2 at a time with a little sriracha and a side of fruit.
- Easy Egg Muffins (jesfromtheheart.wordpress.com)
- Mini Ham, Cheese, And Spinach Frittata (happytummyhappyheart.wordpress.com)
- Egg Muffins (atastefrommykitchen.com)